Query to the community -- An additional IETF Meeting event?

We sent a query to the community on March 16, 2012.  There was a discussion on the IETF mailing list.  We also presented the topic in the IETF chair and IAOC chair presentations at administrative plenary at IETF 83, and there was an active discussion at the open mic that followed.

Our conclusion is there is a consensus to test the event for the next two IETF meetings (Vancouver and Atlanta).  We believe this can be done in a manner that will not turn the meeting into a trade show, and we believe that it will create an opportunity for IETFers to network with each other, as well as talking to vendors and service providers.

On behalf of the IESG and the IAOC,
  Russ Housley
  Bob Hinden