Re: IPv6 networking: Bad news for small biz

--On Wednesday, April 04, 2012 07:24 +0100 Brian E Carpenter
<brian.e.carpenter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> We could go on having this argument, or we could take
> constructive steps to deal with the new flexibility that we
> have gained from IPv6, which indeed leads to new problems to
> solve as we start to use that flexibility.
>
> Oh look, we have WGs tackling those problems: MIF, HOMENET,
> 6RENUM, and of course V6OPS.

And, for better or worse, the existence and work programs of
that large number of WGs -- seemingly growing over the years and
including SOFTWIRES and others that are more specifically
focused on transition -- leads some skeptics to conclude that we
still don't understand how to transition to IPv6 or to operate
it once we get there.   That may lead, in turn, to a "wait until
they do and, if necessary, deploy kludges in the interim"
strategy which probably does no one any good in the long term.

     john