Re: provisioning software, was DNS RRTYPEs, the difficulty with

In message <9452079D1A51524AA5749AD23E00392807EFEF@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.cloudmark.c
om>, "Murray S. Kucherawy" writes:
> [...]

Randy claimed that presentation formats were not standardised.  They
are.  Randy and others claimed that the presentation formats were
owned by BIND and they are not.

I never claimed that STD 13 was the be all and end all w.r.t. DNS.

STD 13 didn't follow the normal process required to make a STD.
There are lots of corrections to STD 13 in the RFC series.

> I looked at least at the titles of all the documents that update 1035, and no
> ne of them appear to be related to the above.  So where should we be looking?
>
> -MSK
Mark Andrews, ISC
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: marka@xxxxxxx