RE: Last Call: <draft-ietf-pwe3-redundancy-bit-06.txt> (Pseudowire Preferential Forwarding Status Bit) to Proposed Standard

Ooops. Thank you for pointing this out Stewart. I will make the update and publish a new revision.

Mustapha.

-----Original Message-----
From: Stewart Bryant [mailto:stbryant@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, March 07, 2012 12:48 PM
To: draft-ietf-pwe3-redundancy-bit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: ietf@xxxxxxxx; pwe3@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Last Call: <draft-ietf-pwe3-redundancy-bit-06.txt> (Pseudowire Preferential Forwarding Status Bit) to Proposed Standard

Authors

There was on point that I notice that you did not address from the AD review and so I am picking it up as a LC comment:

In section 10 you say:

    "This document makes the following update to the PwOperStatusTC
    textual convention in RFC5542 [8]: "

This update should be recorded in the metadata (top left front page) and it is usual to put a one line note in the abstract.

Stewart

On 07/03/2012 17:00, The IESG wrote:
> The IESG has received a request from the Pseudowire Emulation Edge to
> Edge WG (pwe3) to consider the following document:
> - 'Pseudowire Preferential Forwarding Status Bit'
>    <draft-ietf-pwe3-redundancy-bit-06.txt>  as a Proposed Standard

> final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
> ietf@xxxxxxxx mailing lists by 2012-03-21. Exceptionally, comments may
> be sent to iesg@xxxxxxxx instead. In either case, please retain the
> beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.
>
> Abstract
>

>     This document describes a mechanism for standby status signaling of
>     redundant pseudowires (PWs) between their termination points. A set
>     of redundant PWs is configured between provider edge (PE) nodes in
>     single-segment pseudowire (SS-PW) applications, or between
>     terminating provider edge (T-PE) nodes in multi-segment pseudowire
>     (MS-PW) applications.
>
>     In order for the PE/T-PE nodes to indicate the preferred PW to use
>     for forwarding PW packets to one another, a new status bit is needed
>     to indicate a preferential forwarding status of Active or Standby for
>     each PW in a redundant set.
>
>     In addition, a second status bit is defined to allow peer PE nodes to
>     coordinate a switchover operation of the PW.
>

> The file can be obtained via
> http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pwe3-redundancy-bit/
>
> IESG discussion can be tracked via
> http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pwe3-redundancy-bit/ballot/