RE: Last Call: <draft-ietf-appsawg-xdash-03.txt> (Deprecating Use of the "X-" Prefix in Application Protocols) to Best Current Practice

I suppose one could argue that X- should never be on the Public Internet,
anyway.  But they are.  If we remove X-, then what will happen is developers
will use names that don't have X-.  Will that make things better?  No.  I'd
argue it will make it worse.

Non-standard extensions do present issues, that's no in question.  However,
killing X- will only mean other values will be used.  At least X- can be
ignored.

I'm not going to throw up a roadblock to the draft.  Call for the end of X-
if you want, but I know it will not stop introduction of non-standard values
in protocols, so a problem will remain.

One way to help this is to get standards through the IETF faster.  Some take
forever.

Paul