RE: Last Call:<draft-betts-itu-oam-ach-code-point-03.txt> (Allocation of an Associated Channel Code Point for Use by ITU-T Ethernet basedOAM) to Informational RFC

Hi,

I agree with the proposal that Russ Housley made, below, but before even provisionally granting G.8113.1 a code point by placing draft-betts in the RFC editor's queue until G.8113.1 is approved, I would like to understand whether there is a reasonable chance for it to be approved at WTSA next fall.

Draft-betts was already in the IETF approval process at the time that G.8113.1 was disapproved, so I don't see why lack of a code point was given as a reason for its disapproval.

It is my understanding that it is very unusual to send a document to WTSA for approval, so would the authors please indicate the other issues causing G.8113.1 to be disapproved and the plan by which the ITU will address these issues?

Thanks,

John