Re: Last Call: <draft-ietf-marf-spf-reporting-08.txt> (SPF Authentication Failure Reporting using the Abuse Report Format) to Proposed Standard

On Thursday, March 01, 2012 04:01:20 PM Barry Leiba wrote:
> >> In Section 6:
> >>
> >>   "Security issues with respect to these reports are similar to those
> >>    found in [DSN]."
> >>
> >> The reference to DSN could be normative.
> >
> > Security Considerations are never normative, so I'm not sure I agree
> > that this should be.
> It should.  Just because the Security Considerations section doesn't
> usually use normative language doesn't mean that it's not normative.
> People reading the document and implementing the protocol certainly
> have to read and understand the Security Considerations section, along
> with any transitive sections in other documents.

The reason I didn't make it normative when I drafted that section is because
this isn't a DSN, it's an ARF, thus the similar to.  If people think it should
be normative, I think it's fine to change it.

Scott K