Re: DNS RRTYPEs, the difficulty with

In message <3503462.Q2aCvq3QGU@scott-latitude-e6320>, Scott Kitterman writes:
> [...]

My user interface is "vi".

RFC 4408 April 2006

revision 1.1
date: 2005-07-14 16:46:44 +1000;  author: marka;  state: Exp;
branches:  1.1.2;
1892.   [func]          Support for SPF rdata type. [RT #15033]

It was first available in BIND 9.4.0 (Feb 2007) earlier still if
you were willing to run alpha/beta/rc.

OS vendors could have supplied it earlier.

cp lib/dns/rdata/generic/txt_16.c lib/dns/rdata/generic/spf_19.c
cp lib/dns/rdata/generic/txt_16.h lib/dns/rdata/generic/spf_19.h

s/TXT/SPF/
s/txt/spf/
s/16/99/

make clean
make

You don't even have to touch a Makefile.   After that all the tools
that come with BIND support SPF.

If I remember correctly someone did something like that and made it
available.  Its definitely been done for a number of new types.

Mark
--
Mark Andrews, ISC
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: marka@xxxxxxx