Re: Variable length internet addresses in TCP/IP: history

Scott, if memory serves you and I wanted the high-order 2 bits of the IPng
address to select between 64, 128, 192, and 256-bit addresses -- and when
we couldn't get that we got folks to agree on 128-bit addresses instead of
64-bit, which is what had been on the table.