Re: Last Call: <draft-weil-shared-transition-space-request-14.txt> (IANA Reserved IPv4 Prefix for Shared Address Space) to BCP

    > From: Doug Barton <dougb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

    > If the RIRs do not deny these requests there is likely to be a revolt.

On what grounds? The ISPs will come along and say 'I have X new customers,
please give me more space for them'. The former being true, on what ground can
the RIRs refuse (modulo cases like RIPE)?

    > If the IETF rightly denies this request then the ISPs are going to
    > be forced to use the proper option, 1918 space.

How? The IETF has neither police, nor an army.

	Noel