Re: Last Call: <draft-weil-shared-transition-space-request-14.txt> (IANA Reserved IPv4 Prefix for Shared Address Space) to BCP

On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 10:13:25PM -0500, Noel Chiappa wrote:
>     > I still strongly oppose the publication of this draft. In any form
>     > except a complete rewrite telling providers to use RFC1918 and be done
>     > with it.
>
> If you have any good technical reasons for finding this a bad idea _other_
> than the supposed negative effects on IPv6 deployment, it would be useful to
> hear them. Are there any?

There is no case for it. Any space so allocated will, by tearing down
the last community restrains on address reuse, become an extension to
RFC1918. There are legitimate uses for unique v4 space as documented in
RIR policy and v4 sunset procedures. Let the /10 go there instead.

--
Måns