Re: Gen-ART Telechat Review of draft-ietf-kitten-sasl-saml-08

Ben Campbell <ben@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

>> -- section 7
>>
>> Does the GSS-API description introduce security considerations? If
>> not, please say so.
>>

> I did not see a response to this comment.

I missed this in my last e-mail.  I propose we add another sub-section
of the security considerations like this:

7.5. GSS-API specific security considerations

   Security issues inherent in GSS-API (RFC 2743) and GS2 (RFC 5801)
   apply to the SAML GSS-API mechanism defined in this document.
   Further, and as discussed in section 4, proper TLS server identity
   verification is critical to the security of the mechanism.

I believe this should cover the relevant security considerations.  Of
course, having more implementation experience with the SAML mechanism
used as a GSS-API mechanism may help to identify further security
considerations for the GSS-API mechanism.  However, I don't believe that
is a show-stopper that prevent publication now.

/Simon