Re: [apps-discuss] Spam reporting over IMAP

Hi Zoltan,

On 13/Jan/12 20:11, Zoltan Ordogh wrote:

> I would like to start with a story.

A rather similar story is summarized here:
http://wiki.asrg.sp.am/wiki/Adding_a_junk_button_to_MUAs

> A bit later, a liaison statement was sent from OMA to IETF, seeking
> collaboration and a “home” for the draft; as required by RFC3975.

I assume you're still talking about SREP.  I read a reply by John
Klensin, whom I consider a sort of IETF guru, and it didn't prospect a
bright future for the draft.  I posted a "kleansed" version trying to
address some of those concerns, in an attempt to improve the chances
that APPSAWG will adopt it.  Somewhat arbitrarily, I changed the IPR
qualification of the document too.  In fact, I had the impression that
the IPR was that way because OMA SpamRep was being mentioned, albeit
not being specified, and also because that was one of the points raised.

I hope my editing was correct, but your approval as author is needed.

> PS. I am solely a technical contributor,

So am I (but I signed no contract.)

> so asking me IPR-related questions will always be a dead end.

As a survival requirement, you have to be able to answer SM's
question, though.

> Please direct those questions directly to the appropriate contact
> person, which, in, this case is Sarah Guichard.

I sent my previous comment on this to Jon M. Jurgovan, cc Sarah
Guichard, but had no reply either.

> solicitor-client or other applicable privileges), or constitute
> non-public information. Any use of this information by anyone other
> than the intended recipient is prohibited.

The above boilerplate formally makes of no effect whatever else you
wrote in that message, according to Andrew's explanation:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf/current/msg67516.html

I usually group these issues to the same bin I use for IPRs, as I
guess many others on this list do.  Unfortunately, at times they
become relevant, which is why we have to deal with them.  See
"survival" above :-)

Specifically, if you need a written authorization of your employer in
order to contribute technical specifications to the IETF under IETF's
terms, please ask them to provide it.  I guess we need that paperwork.

Ciao
Ale