Re: primary Paris hotel booking

On Tue, Jan 3, 2012 at 4:01 PM, Andy Bierman <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 01/03/2012 08:52 AM, George, Wes wrote:
>>
>> Happy New Year, it's time for our triannual hotel complaint thread.
>> I hate to do it, but I think that there are people who haven't looked at
>> this yet, and I'm hoping that we can perhaps rectify it before the majority
>> of folks try to book:
>>
>>  "Instructions for making reservations at Hotel Concorde:
>> Please fill out the reservations form and fax it directly to the hotel at:
>> +33 1 57 00 50 79 or email it to cmasson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
>
> I crossed my fingers and clicked 'send' of the PDF with my credit card
> number in it.
> I didn't pay enough attention to the no-refund policy.  :-(
>
> I emailed my reservation on 12/22 and got a confirmation email on 12/26.
> So far, my credit card has not been charged anything.
>
> I think there should always be a full-refund cut-off date for the IETF
> hotel, even if
> it is 2 months in advance.  I thought the cut-off was 15 days, but that is
> just
> for 2 more nights billed in advance, not the first night.

Actually, that's unclear. I've read the form several times. It says
you lose any non-refudable deposit. And it says the two-day charge is
non-refundable. But it never says that the initial one-day charge is
non-refundable...

Thanks,
Donald
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1-508-333-2270 (cell)
 155 Beaver Street, Milford, MA 01757 USA
 d3e3e3@xxxxxxxxx