Re: Consensus Call: draft-weil-shared-transition-space-request

Hi Victor,
Yes that helps, thanks - it confirms what I had always assumed was the case but could not grok from the discussions on this list nor the draft.

Because the new address space is actually seen/used by the consumer's interface, we cannot possibly pick a "safe" RFC 1918 address nor 240/experimental space, for the reasons I stated in my email.  We *have* to allocate a new space.

Furthermore, I would suggest the draft include the following in section 4:
"Administrative entities other than Service Providers MUST NOT use the IPv4 address space reserved for this use.  An example of why this would be a problem is if an Enterprise's internal private network used this address space and the Enterprise someday wanted to provide remote employees with VPN access to the private network, then any employees connected to any Service Provider anywhere using the same address space would not be able to VPN in to the local Enterprise because of the resulting overlap in their local device's routing table."

-hadriel