Re: Consensus Call: draft-weil-shared-transition-space-request

On 2 dec 2011, at 21:38, Måns Nilsson wrote:

> Subject: Re: Consensus Call: draft-weil-shared-transition-space-request Date: Fri, Dec 02, 2011 at 04:56:55PM +0000 Quoting Daryl Tanner (daryl.tanner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx):
>
>> I don't like CGN, but the reality is that we're stuck with it.  On this
>> basis, it's a case of looking for the least-problematic solution.
>
> Which is v6.

I would add, people can choose to either do v6, or to have v4 NAT boxes that can handle same address space on both sides of the NAT.

One question I think should be asked is how much time should be spent on people/organizations that have made a decision to choose neither of these two? How much should IETF spend, and how much should they be forced to spend?

Yes, IETF should adopt to reality, and not theory, but this is something different.

   Patrik