RE: LISP is not a Loc-ID Separation protocol

Hi Noel,

OK, so then let's consider a related analogy. It is
not uncommon for a person (e.g., John Doe) to have
dual citizenship with countries A and B, i.e, John
"interfaces" with both countries. John would receive
a separate taxpayer identifier from each of A and B,
which has relevance only within the respective
country's "routing system". But, John's identity is
neither A nor B; John's identity is John.

> So, a single host can have multiple identities (whether one
> does so via
> multiple interfaces/interface addresses, or endpoint identifiers). So?

No; not multiple identities. One identity; multiple
interfaces and multiple addresses. Same as for the
taxpayer ID analogy.

Thanks - Fred
fred.l.templin@xxxxxxxxxx