Re: LISP, HIP & GSE

In message <4EAF2ADE.5020007@xxxxxxxxx>, Joel jaeggli writes:
> On 10/31/11 15:10 , Doug Barton wrote:
>
> > In the early days of what became the big-I Internet all you had was a
> > small group of insiders, but fortunately they were able to recognize the
> > magnitude of what they were accomplishing, and set up some processes to
> > help it grow and evolve. We do both them and the current Internet user
> > base a huge disservice if we do not recognize that the world we operate
> > in now is fundamentally different from the world that they operated in.
> > The Internet is now a crucial part of the world's communications
> > infrastructure, and every excuse is being made at every level for those
> > who are !us to gain as much control over it as they can.
>
> We don't control the internet...
>
> > WSIS, IGF, ITU,
> > etc. are merely warning shots ... the motivation and drive toward taking
> > control are only going to increase as time goes on. By behaving in a
> > foolish and unprofessional manner we are making it easier for them.
> >

> > Doug

The IETF is in good/bad[1] company.  The US Government seems to do pretty good job
of cute names as well.

	USA PATRIOT Act.
		Uniting (and) Strengthening America (by) Providing Appropriate Tools
		Required (to) Intercept (and) Obstruct Terrorism Act

	CAN-SPAM Act.
		Controlling the Assault of Non-Solicited Pornography And Marketing Act

	PROTECT IP Act.
		Preventing Real Online Threats to Economic Creativity and Theft of
		Intellectual Property Act

Mark

[1] left for the reader to decide.
--