Re: Anotherj RFP without IETF community input (was: Re: RFP for Remote Participation Services Specifications Development)

--On Thursday, October 20, 2011 11:49 +0200 Frank Ellermann
<hmdmhdfmhdjmzdtjmzdtzktdkztdjz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> +1
>
> Two "it's only me" observations:  What some mobile
> broadband providers euphemistically sell as "ISDN"-
> speed in Germany and what Microsoft claims to be a
> "media player" is a major PIT* with whatever the
> IETF considers as "audio streaming".
>
> If there are good jabber scribes not assuming that
> "audio" remotely works or is related to their side
> of "real time" remote jabber participation can be
> fun.  Even if jabber doesn't work very well there
> are often at least interesting jabber logs.

And the time-lag differences among the IETF audio stream, other
audio arrangements (WebEx, Skype, etc.), and the jabber activity
can be seriously crazy-making.  I didn't intend my examples to
be comprehensive, only to illustrate that it is important to
talk with users.   Thanks, Frank, for adding to the list.

   john