Re: watersprings.org archive of expired Internet Drafts

On 10/10/11 02:23 , t.petch wrote:
> [...]

It's in excess of a bit more than a megabyte.

Zorch:Desktop jjaeggli$ du -h service-names-port-numbers.xml
3.8M	(as rendered using the xsl) service-names-port-numbers.xml
3.0M	(bare) service-names-port-numbers.xml

> Making a wild leap of imagination, I guessed that the time it took to access the
> web page was due, at least in part, to these multi-megagbytes of XML, but I
> could be wrong.

when we make dogfood, we can be expected to eat it from time to time.

just maybe a flat file of structured data isn't the best way to render
9125 registerd ports and 4330 people for the web.