RE: Last Call: <draft-sprecher-mpls-tp-oam-considerations-01.txt>(The Reasons for Selecting a Single Solution for MPLS-TP OAM)to Informational RFC

 Hi,
     I have concern about statement on section 9 in RFC5317 by Russ:

>      it is technically feasible that the
>    existing MPLS architecture can be extended to meet the requirements
>    of a Transport profile, and that the architecture allows for a single
>    OAM technology for LSPs, PWs, and a deeply nested network.

>      Since the publication of RFC 5317, the MPLS WG consensus continues to be that only one OAM solution should become a standard.

As I said in my previous email, it means use same architecture (GACH) for LSP and PW OAM not deduce only one OAM solution should become a standard, and this is no consensus in mpls group. for OAM analysis, which is captured in draft-ietf-mpls-tp-oam-analysis, it is still a draft.

and in section 2 of RFC 5860 (Requirements for Operations, Administration, and Maintenance (OAM) in MPLS Transport Networks):

>The way in which those protocols are operated and the way
>in which a network operator can control and use the MPLS-TP OAM
>functions SHOULD be as similar as possible to the mechanisms and
>techniques used to operate OAM in other transport technologies.

this requirement is not satisfied by RFCs published.

I fully agree  "All MPLS-TP OAM tools should comply with RFC5586" and should satisfy with RFC5860, and provider can pick up subset of them.

finally, I still don't support publish draft-sprecher-mpls-tp-oam-considerations-01.txt as RFC.

B.R.
Feng