Re: Last Call: <draft-sprecher-mpls-tp-oam-considerations-01.txt> (The Reasons for Selecting a Single Solution for MPLS-TP OAM) to Informational RFC

I support publication of this draft, although the SONET discussion could be discarded.  Also, I would like to see a reference to RFC 5921 in the introduction.

RFC 5317 calls for one, and only one, protocol solution.  At least that is how I read JWT Agreement.  The most relevant text seems to be in Section 9:

  They stated that in their view, it is technically feasible that the
  existing MPLS architecture can be extended to meet the requirements
  of a Transport profile, and that the architecture allows for a single
  OAM technology for LSPs, PWs, and a deeply nested network.

Since the publication of RFC 5317, the MPLS WG consensus continues to be that only one OAM solution should become a standard.

Russ