Re: Last Call: <draft-weil-shared-transition-space-request-03.txt> (IANA Reserved IPv4 Prefix for Shared Transition Space) to Informational RFC

On 2011-09-23 17:21, Benson Schliesser wrote:

> However, I would like to make sure we don't lose sight of the need
> for some urgency with draft-weil.

I'm a little puzzled by the claim of urgency; I remember hearing in
July 2008 that doom was imminent if this was not done immediately.

I thought that the urgent issue was deploying IPv6.

On 2011-09-23 20:38, SM wrote:
> I suggest that ARIN publishes its policy through the Independent Stream
> and documents the IPv4 addresses that will be used for so-called shared
> transition space.

What makes you think that the Independent stream would publish such an
RFC, which on the face of it would be a complete end-run around the
IETF process, and fly in the face of the IAB position?

    Brian