Re: Wikis for RFCs

Hi Nathaniel,

On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 11:12 AM, Nathaniel Borenstein <nsb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Is there any reason we can't create this on wikipedia itself, e.g.:

       http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RFC3514

The problem that I see in this case was mentioned previously by Keith and Hector, wikipedia docs may be modified by the community, the RFCs content itself should not be modified. It should be a kind of mix between blogs and wiki.

We can make use of all the wikipedia governance mechanisms.  It would be independent of the IETF, but it would be a well-known place to go for somewhat-moderated explication of the nuances of important RFC's.

Right!

-- Nathaniel

Alejandro,