Re: IAOC: delegating ex-officio responsibility

Hi, Dave,

Anything that the IETF can do, to make the IAB and IETF Chair positions less of
a full-time (or more) job, is a good thing.

Anything? I believe you do not believe that statement, but I think it accurately summarizes the focus of this thread, so far.

Thanks for the wake-up call, of course. Now, it's Monday AFTERNOON in my time zone.

I am carefully reading the notes that were posted after I posted. I noticed that John Klensin says "not JUST an offload proposal" - and I get that - and I hadn't fully grokked the "fiduciary responsibility" point Marshall made. So, yes, I overspoke.

Like I said - I'm fine being in the rough on this proposal, but I would like us to think about "if not this, what gets offloaded?"

Spencer