Re: IAOC: delegating ex-officio responsibility

    Olaf> Dear Colleagues,

    Olaf> I have just chartered a very short draft that intends to
    Olaf> update BCP101. It can be found at:
    Olaf> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kolkman-iasa-ex-officio-membership

    Olaf> The draft is very short and contains only a few sentences of
    Olaf> substance:

    Olaf>    The IETF chair, the IAB chair, and the ISOC President/CEO
    Olaf> may delegate their responsibilities to other persons.  The
    Olaf> delegations by the IETF chair and the IAB chair need to be
    Olaf> confirmed by the IESG and IAB respectively.  The terms of
    Olaf> delegation is for a longer term for instance aligned with the
    Olaf> IESG and IAB appointment cycles (roughly anual).

I'm strongly in favor of the principle behind this draft.

Presumably the delegate would be subject to recall through the normal
recall process (as are all IAOC members today except for the ISOC
president)

You should spell out things like whether the delegating IAOC member may
recall their delegation and whether the body (IAB/IESG) may recall the
delegate.

You should consider whether the IAOC needs to accept the delegate.

I think the above issues should be considered.
No specific results to the consideration of those issues would be
blocking for me. I think this is a great idea!

I do think a mechanism like this could be used badly. So we should be
responsible:-)