Re: Conclusions on draft-housley-two-maturity-levels

Hi Jari,

On Sep 9, 2011, at 1:47 PM, Jari Arkko wrote:

The IESG discussed the situation with this draft on its call yesterday and decided to approve the document. A formal approval notice will be forthcoming in the next couple of days.

What did the IESG decide about when/how this draft will take effect?  Has a group been formed to assess its impact and/or to make sure that any changes related to this draft happen in a coordinated fashion?

Do we need any tracker (or other secretariat tools) upgrades as a result of this change?  If so, is there a plan in place to do those upgrades?

Has there been any discussion with the RFC editor on how/when such changes can be implemented in their process/tools?

I'm interested in knowing what sort of planning is underway for this change and when it is expected to happen, because there will be some (not extensive, but non-trivial) updates required to the EDU Team materials related to this change (mostly in the Newcomer's training that Scott Bradner teaches, and the Document Lifecycle course that Alice Hagens and I teach), and I'd like to know the schedule for when they should be completed.

Also, as you look at other proposed changes, please remember that any change that we make does have some costs associated with it.

Thanks,
Margaret