Re: 2119bis

----- Original Message -----
From: "George Willingmyre" <gtw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Mykyta Yevstifeyev" <evnikita2@xxxxxxxxx>; <ietf@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2011 4:00 PM
Subject: Re: 2119bis

While we are on the topic of definitions I  hoped to stimulate thinking and we
can reach the conclusion that best meets our needs.

The source parent  document is at the URL on the ANSI web site
http://publicaa.ansi.org/sites/apdl/Documents/Standards%20Activities/Internation
al%20Standardization/ISO/ISO_IEC_Directives_Part2.pdf
ISO/IEC Directives, Part 2  Rules for the structure and drafting of
International Standards

<tp>
And ......

They have their terms in Appendix H, and while we agree on MUST/SHALL, we
disagree on SHOULD; ISO IEC have a much weaker interpretation of 'should' than
the IETF.  No doubt it works for them as ours does for us.

Tom Petch

</tp>

George T. Willingmyre, P.E.
President, GTW Associates