Re: https

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joel jaeggli" <joelja@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "Doug Barton" <dougb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "t.petch" <daedulus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>; "IETF Discussion" <ietf@xxxxxxxx>;
<webmaster@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, August 28, 2011 9:55 PM
> On 8/28/11 11:31 , Joel jaeggli wrote:
> > On 8/26/11 14:00 , Doug Barton wrote:
> >> Joel,
> >
> > "it doesn't" means that the mailing list archives do not require the use
> > of https, if the entry point urls point to the https server that bad in
> > this case...
>
> To be still more specific the mailman archives do not. the ibin archive
> does.

Joel

Um, I do not understand that statement; mailman I know, ibin I do not, but
either way, I am an archive user, not an e-mail administrator, and while I can
access some archives with http:, notably from the web page for specific WG,
others I cannot, notably from
http://www.ietf.org/list/nonwg.html
which is the only way I can access some of them, as far as I know: and on that
page, there are some 250 html anchors with a scheme of 'https:'
Edit the scheme to http: and the web site puts the 's' back in so either way,
I am stuffed.

Tom Petch

> > If one has forgotten to renew a certificate before it expires, it takes
> > time to get a new one issued. as an operational pratice is is necessary
> > to track the issue and expiration dates  of such resources.
> >
> >> I don't know what "It doesn't" is supposed to mean, but visiting
> >> https://www.ietf.org/* today with firefox it is still reporting that the
> >> certificate expired yesterday.
> >>
> >> Given the volume of discussion about the topic starting yesterday when
> >> the problem started one could easily make a case for "it's still broken"
> >> being a significant "issue."
> >>
> >> cc'ing the address listed as "Report Website Errors" on the home page.
> >>

> >> Doug

IE as