Re: [Ietf-krb-wg] AD review of draft-ietf-krb-wg-otp-preauth

On Fri, 2011-08-19 at 08:53 -0400, gareth.richards@xxxxxxx wrote:
> I had always thought the same way as Sam, that clients would be
> required to implement all of the options since there appears to be no
> other way for them to support different disconnected token types.  The
> specification was intended to be token independent and the assumption
> was always that the clients would also be.

I agree, at least at the general level and for disconnected tokens.
(Does nextOTP make any sense for disconnected tokens?)

As for testing: you can unit-test client code using faked-up KDC
there's always a risk that you will verify the wrong thing (i.e. not the
behavior you need to get a new token type working), but I think that
risk is acceptable in this case.