Re: Drafts Submissions cut-off

On Aug 1, 2011, at 3:59 PM, Sam Hartman wrote:

> I think removing the cutoff is the right approach here.
>
> I'd prefer that some date remain on the list of important meeting dates
> to remind ourselves that revisions should be in in time for people to
> read them.

If memory serves, the original purpose of the cutoff was to avoid overtaxing the resources of the Secretariat in the period immediately prior to IETF meetings.   But it has also come in handy for ADs and others who feel the need to keep up with large numbers of documents from a variety of working groups.   I wouldn't blame any AD or WG chair for imposing a "no drafts submitted after the cutoff can be discussed at the meeting" rule.

Keith