RE: Review of: draft-ietf-iab-draft-iab-dns-applications-02

+1.

In particular, I'm missing what important message this draft presents that is not already discussed in RFC5507.

> If there are issues with new uses of the DNS, DNSEXT or DNSOPS are fully
> chartered to provide community review and do not need any "fuzzy" guidance
> on what is and is not acceptable.  This entire draft could beeasily
> simplified byt a one sentence statement.
>
> "If you need to do database look ups in the future we would prefer that you
> think of using protocols other than the DNS."

Right, and it's not clear to me we need a full IAB document stating that.  And, there are plenty of people on the DNS Directorate as well as others scattered throughout the IETF that make this point on a regular basis already.