RE: DKIM Signatures now being applied to IETF Email

There has been some post-DKIM talk recently about the idea of "transient trust", wherein (to use this example) ietf.org would verify the signature on an arriving list submission, attach an RFC5451 header field that indicates the results of that verification, then send the message out to the list with that added field and a new ietf.org signature that "covered" it.  Then, if you decide to believe ietf.org's claims about the original signature, you know more than you would otherwise.

This hasn't been widely deployed yet, but some big email providers are currently playing with the idea.