Re: Last Call: <draft-housley-two-maturity-levels-08.txt> (Reducing the Standards Track to Two Maturity Levels) to BCP

On 7/28/11 1:05 AM, Mykyta Yevstifeyev wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The new version is obviously shorter, but it omits some points.  With
> eliminating of DS level, RFC 5657 makes no sense more.

Wrong. The *title* needs to be adjusted, but mutatis mutandis the
general advice is useful.

> It should be
> obsoleted and moved to Historic by your document, if IESG decides to
> eliminate the requirement for interoperability documentation, which I am
> opposed to (see my LC comments to -06).

I see no reason to move RFC 5657 to Historic.

> Another issue is STD numbers.  Mentioning that they are still assigned
> to ISs in Section 2.2 should be fine.

The STD issue is orthogonal.

> Also, Section 3.3:
>
>>     (2) At any time after two years from the approval of this document as
>>         a BCP, the IESG may choose to reclassify any Draft Standard
>>         document as Proposed Standard.
>
> Won't such action be allowed after 2 years from approval?

That's what the text says, no?

Peter

--
Peter Saint-Andre