Re: Last Call: <draft-housley-two-maturity-levels-08.txt> (Reducing the Standards Track to Two Maturity Levels) to BCP

Hello,

The new version is obviously shorter, but it omits some points. With eliminating of DS level, RFC 5657 makes no sense more. It should be obsoleted and moved to Historic by your document, if IESG decides to eliminate the requirement for interoperability documentation, which I am opposed to (see my LC comments to -06).

Another issue is STD numbers. Mentioning that they are still assigned to ISs in Section 2.2 should be fine.

Also, Section 3.3:

    (2) At any time after two years from the approval of this document as
        a BCP, the IESG may choose to reclassify any Draft Standard
        document as Proposed Standard.

Won't such action be allowed after 2 years from approval?

Mykyta Yevstifeyev