Re: [hybi] Last Call: <draft-ietf-hybi-thewebsocketprotocol-10.txt> (The WebSocket protocol) to Proposed Standard

2011/7/27 Willy Tarreau <w@xxxxxx>:
> Once again, the goal to make SRV adopted BY USERS is not to ensure that
> it tries to cover all the server-side needs, but that it offers better
> quality of service to USERS. That way USERS will massively adopt it and
> server will one day be able to safely rely on it. Just like neither
> Javascript nor cookies nor flash are mandatory, still all of them are
> very common in practice and many service providers happily rely on them.

Thanks for your useful comments (as always in these threads). Let me
just a question:

What do you mean with "USERS"? Do you mean home users in front of
their web browsers? or webbrowser vendors?
I don't think home users (neither professional users) has nothing to
decide here, they will not "resolve" the WS URI retrieved from a
webpage.
So we are talking about webbrowser vendors, right? and typically there
are no more than.... 10?

Regards.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo