RE: draft-ietf-v6ops-6to4-to-historic (yet again)

Brian,

> Brian E Carpenter wrote:
> To be clear, I'd like to see exact proposed text before
> expressing support for the proposal. The trick is to get
> 6to4 disabled by default at the user end, without disabling
> it for users who are getting good service from it.

Although I commend Ron from trying "something else", I think this
particular approach is doomed to fail. Maybe I'm reading the list wrong,
but I think the sticky point here is the "historic" thing, and nothing
short of removing that part will significantly change the mindset of
people who oppose it.

Have you considered a newer revision of the 6-to-4 RFCs that would
obsolete the current ones and add that 6-to-4 should be disabled by
default? That could reach consensus.

Michel.