R: Re: [mpls] Last Call: <draft-ietf-mpls-tp-cc-cv-rdi-05.txt> (Proactive Connectivity Verification, Continuity Check and Remote Defect indication for MPLS Transport Profile) to Proposed Standard

The way this draft has been developed is a bit strange.

The poll for its adoption as a WG document was halted by the MPLS WG chair
because "it is not possible to judge consensus":

http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/mpls/current/msg04502.html

The lack of consensus was motivated by serious technical concerns raised by
several transport experts during the poll.

Nevertheless the MPLS WG chair decided to adopt the draft as a WG document:

http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/mpls/current/msg04512.html

After several WG revisions and WG LCs, the technical issues have not been
resolved.

>Several service providers regarded this draft as not meeting their transport
networks' needs.

This is a true statement: the solution in this draft is useless for many MPLS-
TP deployments.

were simply ignored. No LS describing these comments' resolution was sent.

>Several service providers regarded this draft as not meeting their transport
networks' needs.

>[The v03 draft was published in Feb and went to WG LC.
>The v04 draft addressing WG LC comments was published on the 28th June (same
date as the proto write-up).
>When was the WG LC launched, to verify LC comments resolution?]
>
>Regards,
>Rui

IESG