RE: one data point regarding native IPv6 support

> Keith Moore wrote:
> 6to4 awesome.  it's those BGP advertisements for broken relay
> routers, and those ISPs that filter protocol 41 that are bad.

I won't go as far as supporting you on this one. Anything that makes the network work, good. Anything that breaks the network, bad.

<troll>
Please consider a new version of 6to4 over HTTPS, with a supplemental DPI layer to filter unwanted BGP announcements :P
</troll>

More seriously: if 6to4 is declared historic, someone will hire a brilliant attorney and file for 1Pv6 as a whole to go historic as well, on the same grounds: "disable 1Pv6" has become SOP for the script monkeys, and therefore 1Pv6 is detrimental for the Internet as a whole.

Everyone, careful what you are wishing for; the clock to IPv4 exhaustion as come and gone; it should be clear by now that if shortage of IPv4 was a valid concern, everyone would be scrambling to deploy 1Pv6 while the last crumbs of the last /8 given to the RIRs remains.

It is not the case. Warning: fecal matter impact on air turbine predicted.

Michel.