RE: one data point regarding native IPv6 support

>> Michel Py wrote:
>> If you were to remove 6to4 and 6RD from the
>> picture, that would set us back 10 years
>> ago in terms of IPv6 adoption.

> Doug Barton wrote:
> Can you explain the exact mechanism by which what you're
> concerned about will occur? I don't see anything in the
> draft which prevents an ISP from deploying 6rd.

There is not. OTOH, I am not aware of any sizeable deployment of 6RD
outside of AS12322; 6RD may not be for everyone, and what making 6to4
historic may prevent is: someone else using 6to4, finding out that there
are some issues, and coining another highly successful 6to4 variant that
would fit their needs better.

Michel.