Re: How to pay $47 for a copy of RFC 793

And since we are tripping back through memory lane, Jon Postel and I
co-authored RFC 980 which tells you how to order protocol documents,
including the collections we made at SRI. Not sure I remember the
price for these books, but to quote from the RFC itself:

"For hardcopy distribution from the NIC there is a charge of $5 for
 each RFC that is less than 100 pages, and $10 for each RFC that
 is 100 pages or more to cover the cost of postage and handling
 (check, money order, or purchase order accepted)."

We had a special line printer for this purpose and a machine called a
"burster", something I have not seen or heard about in about 25 years.
Time flies when you're having fun and stuck with ASCII documents :-)

Ole

Ole J. Jacobsen
Cisco Systems
Tel: +1 408-527-8972   Mobile: +1 415-370-4628
E-mail: ole@xxxxxxxxx  URL: http://www.cisco.com/ipj
Skype: organdemo