Re: Automatically updated Table of Contents with Nroff

--On Friday, March 25, 2011 13:06 -0400 "Andrew G. Malis"
<agmalis@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I know that XML is the wave of the future, but I just want to
> give Stefan a plug as a happy user that NroffEdit makes the
> mechanical and formatting part of writing drafts almost
> effortless.

And, had it appeared a decade ago, I might be using it too.  As
it is, it would require my learning something new when I have a
pair of adequate (for me) solutions... and I'm at least as
vunerable to "what I know is better" as anyone else.  "Wave of
the future" doesn't interest me nearly as much as being sure
that whatever tools people find convenient and are willing to
support as needed remain usable and, in particular,  that we
don't find ourselves requiring the use of one particular tool...
no matter what it is.

     john