Re: Call for a Jasmine Revolution in the IETF: Privacy, Integrity, Obscurity

Hi Dean,
At 20:06 04-03-2011, Dean Willis wrote:
I just came across what may be old news to many of you. The July 2007 issue of IEEE Spectrum included an article entitled "The Athens Affair", subtitled "How Some Extremely Smart Hackers Pulled Off The Most Audacious Cell-Network Break-in Ever". In short,

http://spectrum.ieee.org/telecom/security/the-athens-affair/0

So what can we do about it?

Every document we now produce has a "Security Considerations". I hereby propose the following extensions to that section, such that each specification requiring a meaningful Security Considerations section MUST address the following:

1) Privacy and Integrity: We believe that intermediaries should be neither able to

Regards,
-sm