Re: [IAOC] xml2rfc and legal services RFPs

Hi, J.D.,

But I do think posting draft text does allow you to say "and the community saw this" if you guys get any pushback at all...

+1

The same process internet-drafts go through, right? Or as close as makes sense.

If "process" means "a chance for the community to look and comment before it's too late", yes, exactly.

That's what we do for Internet Drafts, and it's almost certainly easier to make a contract that's in effect go away, than to make an RFC go away :D

My sense is that the community is trained to back off (not completely, but at least significantly) when told "yeah, and the working group considered that", "yeah, and the NomCom considered that", or even "yeah, that came up in IETF Last Call", and the IAOC might benefit if they could make the same point about RFPs.

Thanks,

Spencer