Re: [IAOC] xml2rfc and legal services RFPs

On Mon, 21 Feb 2011, Doug Barton wrote:

> I don't have anything intelligent to say about either RFP, but I'm
> more concerned about the fact that the IAOC thought that releasing
> them without wider community review was something that the community
> would accept and/or tolerate. I first grew concerned about this with
> the "network registration" donnybrook at the China IETF. I didn't
> speak up then because I wasn't there, didn't know the details, and
> figured that based on the response from both the community and the
> IAOC that it was a lesson learned.

For the record: THe network registration was announced BEFORE
Maastricht and tested there, not in China. So, your statemenet is
highly misleading. There were plenty of comments etc one whole meeting
cycle ahead of time.

If you are talking about the badge checking in Beijing, that's another
matter, but also not an IAOC policy matter that was "planned".

> Doug
>
> --

Ole J. Jacobsen
Cisco Systems
Tel: +1 408-527-8972   Mobile: +1 415-370-4628
E-mail: ole@xxxxxxxxx  URL: http://www.cisco.com/ipj