Re: World IPv6 Day and Us

Parts of the challenge here is that turning on IPv6 (publishing a AAAA) can also cause brokenness for users that have no IPv6 connectivity, e.g., those relying on broken 6to4 relays.  This has been documented all over the place, for example here:
<http://ripe61.ripe.net/presentations/162-ripe61.pdf>

So even if there are very few IPv6 eyeballs, this event can serve to flush out that flavor of brokenness.  As I understand it, part of the idea of everyone moving together is to get people to see the brokenness across multiple sites, thus to blame the network not the content provider, thus to pressure the networks to fix things.

--Richard