Re: Last Call: <draft-turner-md5-seccon-update-07.txt> (Updated Security Considerations for the MD5 Message-Digest and the HMAC-MD5 Algorithms) to Informational RFC

    Francis>  In your previous mail you wrote:
    Francis>    I'm OK with this text.  I tried to come up with a way to
    Francis> briefly discuss how error detection is very related to
    Francis> things like protecting against substitution of content (the
    Francis> internet mirror case) but failed to come up with something
    Francis> brief.  So, I'm fine with what you have.

    Francis> => can I conclude you are in the "they are security
    Francis> considerations so don't talk about not-security uses" side?

No.
Especially for something like md5 you need to talk about it enough so
that we can evaluate whether it's actually a security use or not.
I sent a moderately long message to the ietf list about this.