RE: Gen-ART last call review of draft-ietf-emu-eaptunnel-req-08

Hi Joe,
Thanks
Inline
Roni

Roni - Ok so just some questions about the current text for example in
section 3 you have
" The candidate tunnel method needs to  support all of the use cases that
are marked below as "MUST"."
What do you mean by needs to - is this mandatory to support these use cases?
Also in section 6.2 last paragraph is it "must" or "MUST"

> > 2.       In section 3.9 when you say "if this technique is used", by
> this do you mean certificate -less or the flow defined in the previous
> sentence.
> >

> [Joe] "if this technique is used" refers to certificatel-less
> authentication using the inner EAP method for client authentication
> without server authentication.   Perhaps the following sentence would
> be clearer:
>
> "If an inner EAP method is used for client authentication without full
> server validation the inner method MUST provide
>    resistance to dictionary attack and a cryptographic binding between
> the inner method and the tunnel method MUST be established. ..."
>
> Does this help?

Roni: yes.

> > 3.       In section 4.6.3 the first paragraph defines the
> requirements for Cryptographic Binding. It looks to me like the rest of
> the section talks about a specific use case, so why is it in the
> requirements section and not in section 3.
> >
> [Joe]  The majority of section 4.6.3 discusses a possible mechanism to
> achieve cryptographic binding.  While it is not specifically a
> requirement I think it supports the requirement defined in the first
> paragraph.  I do not think it belongs in the use case section.

Roni: OK, it was just that the second and third paragraph looked like to me
like an example since the second paragraph starts with " Cryptographic
bindings are typically achieved" so it looked like one use case to address
the requirement in the first paragraph.