From: "Cullen Jennings" <fluffy@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "The IETF" <ietf@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, November 17, 2010 9:25 PM
Subject: Re: Last Call: <draft-salowey-secsh-uri-00.txt> (Uniform
ResourceIdentifier (URI) Scheme for Secure Shell (SSH)) to Proposed Standard

> Several things in this draft surprised me a bit thought nothing looked
completely broken. I

> You need an IANA registry for the parameters and a way new parameters get
added

> Do you need to say anything about encoding when the host name is an IPv6
address?

> It says the fingerprint is in 4716 format but the examples have ssh-dss in
them that does not look like that format. I would have expected they type of the
fingerprint to be on the left not the right of the equal sign so instead of

fingerprint=ssh-dss-c1-b1-30-29-d7-b8-de-6c-97-77-10-d7-46-41-63-87@xxxxxxxxxxxx
.com

md5-fingerprint=c1-b1-30-29-d7-b8-de-6c-97-77-10-d7-46-41-63-87@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> I was surprised to see the c-param added to the user instead of the right hand
side of URI

> so Instead of
> ssh://user;foo=bar@xxxxxxxxxxx
>
> I would have expected
>  ssh://user@xxxxxxxxxxx;foo=bar
>
> I was surprised that the c-param required the equal so I can not have a
parameter like  "useFooMode" but must instead have a parameter like
"useFooMode=1"

> I'd be interesting hearing the logic or why the "//" - I'll point out XMPP,
SIP, email, etc don't see to have this

> GIven a major use of SSH is SCP, I wish this URI worked for file paths as well
>
> The draft says
>   This document is discussed on the IETF SSH list: ietf-ssh@xxxxxxxxxx
>
> I realize that was the list for the closed WG but I don't think that is an
IETF list. It is not under IETF rules and is not
listedhttp://www.ietf.org/list/nonwg.html. I would highly suggest moving the
conversation to an IETF list.