Re: Two step, three step, one step, and alternatives

Eliot,

I'm agreeing with John here, but have one addition ...

Call it what you will, this sounds like NEWTRK revisited.
What will be different?

At least three things... maybe.

First, I/we have been told repeatedly that this is a new
IESG and that, even were we to revisit NEWTRK exactly,
we might well see a different result.

First.5, I might add that NEWTRK was in the perfect storm of ADMINREST, a flock of other GEN-area working groups and BOFs (ICAR? MPOWER? what were the others?) and pretty much zero transparency. I note that the last NEWTRK meeting, in Paris, was almost exactly the time that the IESG added scribes to provide narrative minutes - from the official secretariat-provided minutes, it's pretty much impossible to tell if any of the NEWTRK topics were ever discussed, and if they were, who on the IESG expressed concerns, and what those concerns might have been. None of those conditions are still true today.

Spencer